Today I want to review how I’m doing on “my part” of this year. For a reminder, here’s my list:
1. Have a quiet time every day: including prayer journal, reading my bible, a devotional, and my First Place 4 Health bible study.
2. Do some type of exercise each day.
3. Track my food intake.
4. Write a blog post each day and promote my blog in some way.
5. Plan out my day.
6. Spend 15 minutes organizing something.
7. No computer games until my list is done!
To be perfectly honest, I am not doing that great so far. I have missed days doing all of the items on my list, some more than others. But since another thing I am determined to do this year is be nicer to myself, I am not going to beat myself up about it. Change doesn’t happen overnight. It is hard. But getting discouraged because I am not “perfect” is not going to be beneficial to myself or the Lord. Carole Lewis has a saying “Do the next right thing” and that is my mantra for this year. So I mess up? Then take a deep breath and keep trying.
How has your first week of the New Year gone? Did you set goals or make resolutions?