Are you setting goals for this year? If so, please share them!
January 2021 Resolution List
It’s a New Year! If you’re like me, you were glad to see the back side of 2020. I thought 2017 was rough with Tom’s cancer diagnosis, 2018 had me closing my daycare and we lost Tom’s dad, and then I thought 2019 was hard with Tom’s open heart surgery, the cancer treatment destroying his pancreas and giving him diabetes, and then him finally having to quit work and go on disability. Then came 2020 with the end of Tom’s treatments, the pandemic, and then losing him.
I do feel like I accomplished a lot in 2020 though and for that I am thankful. I exercised every single day in 2020. Never in my life have I done that! From March through the end of the year, that exercise was walking. Before that, I was allowing myself one day a week to do some yoga stretches. I got a lot of stuff de-cluttered from my home (including finally going through my daycare stuff!), I set up a system and routine for keeping up on paperwork, and overall, I made healthier choices in my eating. I have eaten more fruits and vegetables in the last few months than I ever have in my life (combined lol).
January resolution list:
- Walk 11,000 steps a day on MWF’s, and 10,000 steps a day on T/Th.
- Walk 20 minutes seven days a week
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night. Since I get up at 5:30 on weekday mornings, this is going to require me to be in bed by 10:00 at the latest on weeknights.
- Read 21 minutes a day: this is the Happier with Gretchen Rubin’s podcast challenge for this year: #read21in21. Not sure how much of a challenge it is for me since I love to read. But I think being focused on it each day will be great.
- Work on a “Facts of Life” book: this book (or however I decide to assemble it) will have information that my family will need when I am gone. If there is one thing that the last few years have taught me is that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whatever I can get ready and organized ahead of time to help my family will be a blessing for them.
- Housework M-F: I have a list of house chores I have assigned myself each day of the week. I want to maintain that list and do each “chore” every weekday.
- Write in my one sentence journal: for my birthday last year, Natasha bought me a “One sentence journal” created by Gretchen Rubin. It is a 5 year journal and the goal is to write down at least one sentence each day. My goal is to write in it every day.
- Keep the following 2020 resolutions going:
- Work on paperwork each day (or as needed)
- Devotional/prayer journal
- Post in blog each day
- Post in Facebook group each day
- Continue drinking 80 oz of water each day
- De-cluttering Monday-Friday
- Work on creating classes Monday-Friday
- Fruits (breakfast and supper)/vegetables (lunch and supper)