- When I’m feeling series by Trace Moroney. These include “When I’m feeling Angry, When I’m feeling Sad, When I’m feeling Happy, and When I’m feeling Scared. These books put words to very strong emotions for children and they are very easy to read. They give the children strategies to deal with their emotions and are great for a feelings center in your child care program or home
- Are You my Mother? By P.D. Eastman. I love reading this book with my children and doing silly voices as I read the book.
- Love you Forever by Robert Munsch This book is a must-read for all moms, especially if you have kids that have “left the nest”. It puts a silly heartfelt spin on how moms feel when their babies are growing up. And if you haven’t read the story behind why Mr. Munsch wrote it, then check that out as well.
- The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds. In The Dot, Mr. Reynolds tells the story of a little girl who discovered that she was an artist all along.
- The Shubert and Sophie series by Dr. Becky A. Bailey. These books are by Dr. Becky A. Bailey, creator of Conscious Discipline and an expert on helping caregivers learn to help young children manage their emotions. The Shubert books are longer and more detailed and the Sophie books are short board books, excellent for reading to the younger children.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (or any book by Eric Carle!)
- My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- Colors of Us by Karen Katz
- Teeth are not for Biting by Elizabeth Verdick
Some other bloggers and I got together and listed our favorite children's books. Check out the links below and share in the comments your favorite children's books.
Top 10 Board Book for Kids: http://www.houseoffaucis.com/top-10-board-books-for-kids/
Every Toddler Needs These 10 Board Books: http://stayathomeeducator.com/every-toddler-needs-these-10-board-books
Top 10 Must Have Books for Kids: http://littlesproutslearning.co/top-10-must-have-books/
The 10 Books that Every Preschooler Should Have: http://playtolearnpreschool.us/10-books-every-preschooler-should-have
Title: 10 Favorite Books for Toddlers and Kids:
Daycare Must Haves: 15 Fun & Engaging Stories for Kids